About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 16 September 2021

Wednesday Workbench 15 September

 


Well, it might not be Wednesday any more in the UK, but it is still Wednesday somewhere!

I've taken things fairly easy the past couple of days, but I have made a start on the log bridges. All the lengths and support posts have been cut. I'm not sure where to start on the assembly though. I think it will be easiest to begin by adding cross-beams to the lengths and then use them to correctly place the uprights at the ends (and in the middle of the longest ones). 

I am planning to do proper lashings, so I think I will need a bit more linen thread. The lashings will be "reinforced" with thin superglue or PVA.

In case you are wondering, there will be two 6" bridges, and one each of 8" and 12".


3 comments:

  1. That's going to be a lot of lashing Tamsin, look forward to seeing how these turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that! Don't make my mistake of trying to hurry the project, let things dry properly! (Sure you will as you are definitely a terrain expert now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Dave - it might be a lot, but it should be much easier on the hands than 1:1 scale with sisal rope! :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! I have no intention of rushing this project. :)

    ReplyDelete