About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 17 January 2021

Dredd vs Death

 


There has been rather a long gap since my last post - sorry about that. Mostly I have been reading, but I did finally knuckle down and paint up this vignette.

This model is/was the special edition miniature which was included with the Judge Dredd rules from Warlord Games. It is based on this artwork by Greg Staples:


Which in turn appears to have been inspired by the cover art of 2000AD prog 1114 by Paolo Parente:


The story "Death Becomes Him" doesn't actually feature Judge Death, other than as a malignant influence on an actor who plays him.

That, surely, is enough of an introductory blurb. On with the pics!










This will be the last figure I paint for a while as I don't want to start anything and then stop part of the way through to pack everything up for moving home (ps - still no news on completion date).

Tomorrow I will be spending time cleaning brushes and airbrushes. After that I will be having a bit of a sort-out of my painting room - I've definitely got quite a lot of stuff that can be thrown out.


10 comments:

  1. Excellent brushwork on the vignette. Still need to paint mine up

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Criiime is Liiife, the Sentence is Deeeeath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Tamsin, do hope you get your date soon and the move goes well

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent looking pair M'lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - so, true, so true. :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! Hope so! :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A classic 2000AD matchup - that looks awesome Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Dave - cheers! and Cheers! :)

    @ Paul - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness we only do WW2... i would not want to role against an army of these...nice paint work.

    ReplyDelete