About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 2 September 2020

Wednesday Workbench 02 September


After finishing the marsh terrain I decided to take the weekend off to recharge a little. On Monday I started work on my 15mm ancient Germans. In the photo below you can see the current batch of figures that I'm working on (started today):


Obviously that isn't my first batch. In fact it's the fourth batch. These are the ones I painted on Monday and Tuesday:


Yup, that's 71 figures painted in two days (plus a few minutes this morning to airbrush them with matte varnish). They are quite quick to paint, particularly as I'm only going for a basic tabletop standard (basecoats and wash). At this rate, I might have the whole army painted and based by the end of next week.

The reason I'm not basing them yet is that I want to mix up the figures on bases and can't do that until they are all painted. I also need to consider how to base them for both "Infamy, Infamy!" and Art de la Guerre.











4 comments:

  1. Great progress, are you doing any shield patterns? I used to have an early German army and that was their prettiest feature?!

    ReplyDelete