About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 9 February 2023

Wednesday Workbench 08 February 2023

 


Well, it might be Thursday now in the UK, but it's still Wednesday in places West of here! The reason for posting so late is that my laptop decided to throw a wobbly and stop responding earlier this evening. It was fine when I popped to the kitchen to start cooking my dinner, but when I returned a few minutes later the screen was black with a message "No Bootable Device Found". After several unfruitful attempts to restart it, I gave up and dragged my old laptop out of storage, then spent a few hours getting it up and running (mostly transferring files from my backup drive) so that I can at least communicate and do things until either my current laptop is fixed or I have a replacement - I'll be taking a trip to Currys PC World tomorrow for that.


So, what's on the workbench? As you might be able to guess, I have finally got around to priming the Type S Scout Courier. It's taken me four days so far and I've probably got one more day to go.






Why am I priming it now? Quite simply because the item I painted over the weekend (and which will be up on the Challenge blog on Friday) completes my tour of the studios and will give me entry to the Director's Chair studio - I've already agreed with Curt that my task will be to get this fully painted.


6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of priming Tamsin, and nice you know in advance so you can get working on it. Hope the Laptop woes are sorted quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to need a bit more priming (to mute the panel lining I'd done with brush pens) - finally finished this afternoon. :)

      As for the laptop, it looks like the hard drive died and will need to be replaced - should get it back in a week or so.

      Delete
  2. I am constantly amazed at the detail in these spacecraft! I am sooo sorry your faithful lappy has given up the ghost. I hope you get a shiny new one soon and its not too costly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2nd Dynasty do very detailed models - they're certainly under-priced compared to some less detailed ships that you can get. The laptop is being repaired - the SSD drive had died. When I have time, I'll probably get a desktop to use as my main computer. :)

      Delete
  3. I've been looking forward to see this with some paint on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be good to have it painted up after all this time, but it will be a few weeks before it's finished - it's a beast with lots of detail to paint. :)

      Delete