About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 29 September 2022

Finished: 28mm Waffen SS Panzerknacker Teams

 


As promised yesterday, here are the photos of the latest batch of Waffen SS - two Panzerknacker teams. In Chain of command each team is made up of four men with three charges, three smoke grenades and a MG42 with two crew (there's no note about what weapons the other two men have - I've done a rifle and SMG for them). 







The chaps with MG42s, grenade bundles and mines are from The Assault Group, the other two are from Artizan.

At 2 support points, each team is worth considering taking as supports, even if the opposition doesn't have any armour. With my weapon allocation, two teams (=4 support points) will put out 18 shooting dice at over 12", 22 at 6-12" and 26 at 0-6". A regular infantry squad (=4 support points) would have 15, 17 and 19 dice; a regular panzergrenadier squad (=5 support points) would have 21, 23 and 25 dice. The downside is that each team would need a 1 on the command dice to activate or an order from a senior leader, whereas the squads can be activated on a 2 or 3.


6 comments:

  1. Those look very nice indeed--Good work there! They may never move, but should look lovely on the battlefield!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I've just about got the hang of doing all the little dots now - just in time for the final five figures in camo! :)

      Delete