About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 13 August 2022

Paint Table Saturday 13 August 2022

 

Errrmmmm.....


As you probably expected, I still haven't finished working on the German AFVs. 

"What on Earth has she gone and done to them?"

I suspect you are worried that I went completely mad. However, this photo was taken a few minutes later:


I was doing oil dot filter weathering. After applying small dots of oil paint, you then take a dry (or barely moistened with thinners) brush and scrub like mad. The end result is somewhat faded and varied base colours. During the scrubbing process a few bits did come off the StuG - those have since been re-glued.

I have prepped the figures from The Assault Group and made a start on the basing (OK, I've glued the figures onto the bases - I still need to add basing gunk and then prime them).

3D Printing

Over the course of this week I've printed a few more 1:270 scale Traveller ships:


I've got a few more to print, but they'll have to wait as I'm going on holiday. My next post will be a Wednesday Workbench on the 24th. Hopefully the break will help me to regain my focus and I'll swiftly finish work on the German AFVs.


14 comments:

  1. With the heat I can fully understand how long the vehicles are taking, nice prints, and hope you have a great holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference between the first and second picture, you are an excellent scrubber! (no not like that!)
    Have a great break, and come back refreshed and even more enthusiastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an effective technique Tamsin, I haven't been brave enough to try it all over like this, but tempted having seen your results. Have a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good technique. This is only the second time I've used it, and I learned quite a bit from the first. :)

      Delete
  4. Oil washes... very sophisticated. Love the Traveller ships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! This was my second go with it, so I have learnt what not to do! :)

      Delete
  6. That oil filter technique is a clever party piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a nice technique to have in one's arsenal! :)

      Delete