About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 21 May 2022

Paint Table Saturday 21 May 2022

 


Well, that's the black priming done. I started dry-fitting the bits ahead of doing the zenithal priming, but soon realised that my idea of painting everything un-assembled wasn't going to work. As a result I have been gluing the stairs and railings this evening.

I've solved the problem I was having - it seems I'd set my Z-offset too low, so the first layers were getting squished. Yesterday I reprinted the 1:270 Scout Courier; I also printed a 30 Ton Gig and some flight stands.






I did some more printing today. I had received a couple of 28mm ship crew figures as freebies and decided to try rescaling them down to 1:100 and 1:270. 





The 1:270 scale figures are a bit spindly and fragile - I think I'll need to rescale the X and Y axes less so that they end up a little chunkier.

I also printed the 1:270 scale 200 Ton Free Trader:

The ships are from a Traveller RPG Kickstarter I backed last year. I've got a lot more to print over the coming months, including some 28mm ones (with interiors). I'll start with some smaller prints first until I get used to the printer.


6 comments:

  1. I see the distraction is still distracting, and can't say I blame you, I'd be like a kid in a candy store with the new kit too ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to play with at first, but now I've got the hassle of fine-tuning it! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for showing the prints, the figures as you said are not as good quality as can be done on a resin printer, but with your customary skill those will probably look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've measured them, and they're actually oversized for 15mm. I'd assumed the originals were 1:59, to match the scale of the "28mm" ships from 2nd Dynasty, but these ones seem to be closer to 1:48. :)

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Tamsin! I have the Vyper myself and really happy with it's performance!
    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vyper almost won out when I was deciding which to get, but the minimum table depth was the deciding issue - I couldn't get a desk deep enough to fit the width I had available! :)

      Delete