About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 10 March 2021

Wednesday Workbench 10 March

 


You can probably guess from the primed-but-yet-to-see-paint figures above that I have finished painting the Confederate cavalry and generals. And your guess would be right:





Mind you, it was today rather than Monday that I finished them. I got a bit done on Sunday and all was looking good for getting them finished on Monday when I got yanked away to do an admin task for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. It took rather longer than expected. The yesterday I had my regular duty as "Minion of the Day". 

Fortunately I managed to drag myself back to the paint table this morning and spent a few hours getting them finished.

The figures currently on my workbench are a mix of Union and Confederate troops - dismounted cavalry, horse-holders. artillery crew, guns and limbers. They should be reasonably quick to paint up and if all goes well might be finished this weekend. That just leaves me with the horses for the dismounted cavalry and limbers, plus some casualties  and a few bits (gabions and cannonball piles) to add to the artillery bases. They shouldn't take too long to do either.



On Saturday I mentioned that my MDF tokens for "O Group" were about to be shipped. It turns out that they had been shipped, but our post was delivered late on Saturday so they arrived after I'd checked - I found them on Sunday morning.




1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of ACW stuff you have! Well done on keeping focused!!!

    ReplyDelete