About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Finished: 15mm Foot Leaders for "Infamy, Infamy!"

 



I did mean to post these yesterday - you'll find out why I didn't later on.

As you can see, I have finally finished these foot leader figures for my Roman and German forces for "Infamy, Infamy!". 


German Leaders and Characters






Roman Scorpion and Crew





Roman Standards and Cornicen




Optiones



Auxiliary Officers



Legionary Officers



When I was resizing the photos yesterday afternoon, there was something niggling away in the back of my mind, but I couldn't put a finger on what was wrong. It was quite late last night that it dawned on me - the Roman shield designs were wrong. I'd painted the legionary officers with the auxiliary foot design and the auxiliary officers with the auxiliary cavalry design.

A quick repaint later and the niggle was kicked into touch:


All these figures were 15mm from Donnington Miniatures.



9 comments:

  1. Oh no! At least it didn't take long to repaint the sheilds. Figures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look excellent Tamsin, and good save on the shields

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work, shame about having a redo on the shields

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work again Tams. I, too, hate having to correct errors!
    I always remember my first club, where the sec told me 'there is no such thing as a badly painted figure, just one that hasn't been touched up enough!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent as always. Love the subtle shading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice indeed I have shared your post here https://wargames-directory.com/forums/topic/finished-15mm-foot-leaders-for-infamy-infamy/ Feel free to join and share your work

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite the small mistake the figures look fab Tamsin! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Dave Stone - thanks! :)

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Paul SS - thanks! Luckily it was just the five figures, so didn't take long. :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ Marinergrim - thanks! :)

    @ Andrew - cheers! :)

    @ Nick - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete