About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Wednesday Update 06 December

Sorry for going quiet on you - various things happened which have put painting on hold. Namely building works in my bedroom which meant moving my mattress into my painting room, thereby blocking me from getting to my painting desk. It's all done now, but I've got a lot of dust and stuff to clean up over the next few days. As a result, it looks unlikely that I'll get the Ming Chinese finished before the start of the Challenge, but it does mean that I'll have some things ready to go which will get me some quick points.

Where did I leave you? Oh yes, the Blue Hat and Green Hat cavalry. Well, before painting was interrupted, I did manage to finish the horses and also got a good way through painting the riders. It's just details, highlights and touch-ups left to do before varnishing and basing them.



I have ordered some more figures ready for the Challenge. From North star I ordered the other pack of Artizan WW2 Australians and three Pulp Figures packs. they arrived last week and I got them prepped and washed quite quickly. This evening I've placed a small order with Timecast for another pack of Ming Chinese infantry and some SYW Russians. I'll need to order a few other bits, mostly bases and such-like, this week.


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the building work must be nearing its end surely? I'm keen to hear what you think of the Artizan Aussies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good progress. We share your pain with rooms being upside down for a bit. No fun. But the end result is lovely.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was the building work to do with more trouble with your ceiling? Nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a fun and crazy challenge. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are ready to go for the challenge Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress Tamsin. I've just cleaned up 4o horses and popped them on some lollipop sticks. Not looking forward to painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Challenge .. painting challenge .. is this a free show your wares challenge that any can enter? Analogue Hobbies .. sorry for being a bit vague and dim witted .. where can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Millsy - it was a small, but disruptive job. The Artizan Aussies are nice sculpts, need very little clean-up and match OK with the Warlord Games ones. The main difference is that the weapons are slimmer/nearer to true-scale. I'm still waiting for Fighting 15s to get some Eureka ones into stock so I can do a size comparison :)

    @ Whisk - indeed. Boogie-boogie! :)

    @ Herkybird - nothing to do with that ceiling as far as I can tell :)

    @ Brendan - it always is! :)

    @ Michael A - I was all ready to go, but getting less certain as it approaches... :)

    @ Dannoc - cheers! Horses are easy - just basecoat them all with dark browns (include a couple of dark red-browns), wash them, highlight them with the base colour then for most go over the "points" (manes, tails, ear tips, muzzle, lower legs) with a slightly thinned black; for the rest decide whether to make the manes/tails slightly darker/lighter; then do the white markings. The first batch are your bays, the second lot are your chestnuts :)

    @ Geordie - there's a link to the challenge blog at the top of the right side-bar. You're a bit too late to join in this year's fun and games I'm afraid :)

    ReplyDelete