About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 20 November 2017

Finished: 15mm Ming Chinese Generals



Apologies for the interruption to normal blog-posting - I haven't had internet at home since the 10th and have spent a fair bit of time trying to get the problem fixed (long story - might post it when it's finally sorted [which will be tomorrow if all goes well]).

I have been carrying on with painting stuff and this is the first of three "finished" posts coming your way over the next few days.

Last weekend I finished painting the generals and got them based. This gives me four sets of commanders (I only need three for ADLG but can use the 4th for FoGR).

And more pics:





And some close-ups:






Some of the figures I'd ordered from Timecast arrived last weekend. Over the past week (when not painting) I got them all prepped, then primed them on Saturday:




There are three packs still to come from this order - the handgunners, the third (and final) pack of heavy cavalry and another pack of Korean levy for my "mob".

11 comments:

  1. Nifty - love seeing some of the less typical stuff getting done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and banners, great looking units!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully rendered, and very inspiring Tamsin. We`re currently wondering about using Test of Honour Japanese and painting them as Chinese "Water Margin": hmmmmmm, would we get away with it I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking generals and more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't paint so fast Tamsin! You make me feel inadequate!!
    You will miss painting all these lovely Ming-ons and have to find something to paint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ fireymonkeyboy - cheers! Surely it's not that uncommon for generals to be painted up? :)

    @ Phil - merci! I can't really take credit for the banners - they're decals from LBMS :)

    @ Simon Q - thanks! :)

    @ Hils - cheers! I think Black Hat Miniatures have a 25/28mm range which may have some figures suitable for The Water Margin; otherwise look for Song/Sung Chinese. The Test of Honour Japanese figures aren't really suitable.
    funnily enough, I'm in the middle of re-watching the box set :)

    @ Dannoc - thanks! :)

    @ Michael A - cheers! :)

    @ Curt - thanks, but they're generals, not cavalry ;)

    @ Bill - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that Tamsin.

    >>>> funnily enough, I'm in the middle of re-watching the box set :) <<<<

    Wow, same here: hubby and myself are having a blast re-watching the DVDs.

    ReplyDelete