About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 20 November 2015

6th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge Announced

Our favourite Canadian lunatic blogger, Curt, has just announced the 6th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge which will run from 20 December 2015 to 20 March 2016. This year's theme* is "risk takers, daredevils and gamblers".

* apart from the final bonus theme round, all this means is that your entry fee figure needs to somehow fit the theme.

For those who aren't in the know, the Challenge is about encouraging people to use those cold, dark winter months (or long, hot summer months for those to the South of the Equator) to make big inroad into their lead/plastic/resin piles rather than about producing high quality painted miniatures (although some people do the latter and a few somehow manage to do both).

It's good fun and there is plenty of friendly rivalry and good-natured ribbing.

Those who have been following my blog for a while will know that I've taken part in the last three of these and placed quite highly in each. However, with all the disruption in my flat and for a few other reasons I won't be aiming for such a high output this year.

Anyway, the link to the announcement post is here:  linkity-link


So, if you fancy joining in, pop over there and leave a comment.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Heads up Tamsin.

    I would like to join in the painting challenge this year again, but I am unable to post any comments on Curt's blog!

    I am probably doing something wrong, but alas I know not what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said I wasn't going to do it, but I'm in for 100 points. Which for me, will still be a stretch.

    Hope you get your place sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this! I'm defintely going to use it for self-browbeating to get soe painting done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't play this year but I'm looking forward to seeing your Confederate army build just like your Union force last year! Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here we go again! Best of luck Tamsin, we need you to keep those boys at the top of the tree a run for their money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As another lunatic Canadian, I wish you the best of luck, Tamsin. I shall be cheering you on from the sidelines.
    Best,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just entered the challenge for the first year. I thought it was about time I got my finger out and got involved. 28mm ACW is what I plan to paint, and I have gone for the stupid amount of 600pts. Hopefully some can be made up with extra points from the side categories. Good luck to every one.
    Neil.

    ReplyDelete