The static grass was drybrushed with flesh paint, the figures and models were photographed and the post written and submitted.
And they've been up on the Challenge Blog for a couple of hours. These have boosted my tally to 2027 points, which means that I've already beaten my totals of the previous two Challenges with just under three weeks remaining. Now, that's impressive, even if I do say so myself.
These got a spray coat of matt varnish early afternoon. I didn't like the look of that so I resprayed them with satin varnish. Much better. Then I glued flight peg toppers onto the undersides, waited a while for the superglue to dry and took a bunch of photos. The post has been drafted and submitted, but not posted on the blog yet.
Update - they have been posted!
Since then, I've added magnetic discs to the underside of the hex bases of the NSL power armour and support weapons. All the vehicles and figures have now been stowed away.
|Plenty of space for more figures and vehicles...|
|Armoured vehicles and drones|
|Power armour troops|
|MAWPs and Panzer Grenadier specialists|
|Panzer Grenadier squads|
The ESU spaceships have also been stowed away in a pluck foam tray. The great thing about the ESU ships is that they are so flat, which means that I've been able to double-up in the slots for the non-capital ships.
|Lots of space for more ships - just as well, as I've got more ships to add at some point|
I've got the whole week off work, so that will give me lots of time for painting. I'm still trying to decide what to paint next. I've pulled out the pike and shot figures I prepped and primed a few weeks ago - I haven't done any Thirty Years War stuff so far this Challenge.
I've also got the Mongols I prepped, and there are more 6mm ACW figures ready to go. Or maybe I could assemble some more Wars of the Roses figures. I'll think on it overnight.